iTunes Dark Mode: Have you ever accessed iTunes late at night only to quickly regret it when a dazzling light confronted you?
Nowadays, most computer users like to work late at night. The bright or light interface of the majority of programs, however, can exacerbate eye fatigue and insomnia. Developers are working hard to make “dark mode” features available to users as a result.
Like the majority of apps, iTunes has a white background as its default. Numerous health problems with your eyes and sleep cycle may result from this.
Thanks to Windows 10/11 and macOS Mojave or later, dark mode is now available. If you set your computer’s default background to dark mode, iTunes Dark Mode will be turned on automatically.
Find out more about what iTunes Dark Mode can do for you and how to turn it on on your Windows or Mac computer.
What is iTunes Dark Mode?
Even though iTunes doesn’t have a dark mode built-in, users can change the white interface to a darker one by changing the app mode in their operating system. This will change the programs on the computer so that their windows are grey or black.
Because iTunes dark mode is tied to the PC’s operating system, this feature is only available on Windows 10/11 and macOS Mojave or later.
iTunes dark mode is helpful for working late at night or in dark rooms. It will let you use iTunes for a long time without putting stress on your eyes or keeping you up at night.
Dark Mode makes it easier on the eyes by reducing eye strain and glare and letting screens adjust to the amount of light in the room. This will ensure you are comfortable at night or in places with low light.
Pros & Cons
How to Enable iTunes Dark Mode on Windows
iTunes dark mode is only available on computers with Windows 10 or 11, so if you have an older OS, you’ll need to update it.
To update your computer to Windows 10 or 11, make sure your computer meets these minimum requirements. Otherwise, you will need to get a newer PC that can support Windows 10/11:
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit2 GB for 64-bit
Hard drive space
16 GB for 32-bit OS32 GB for 64-bit OS
Here’s a step-by-step guide to turning on “Dark Mode” in iTunes on Windows:
- Use “Windows Key + I” to open the Settings menu.
- Go to the section called “Personalize,” and then click on “Colors” on the sidebar.
- Find “Choose your default mode” on Windows 10 and click on it. Find “Choose your Mode” on Windows 11. Choose
- Dark from this menu.
- Choose Dark under “Choose your default Windows Mode” if you want to give your OS a dark look.
- Close settings, and then open iTunes again.
How to Turn on Dark Mode in iTunes on a Mac
The dark mode in iTunes is only available on macOS Mojave, so if you have an older OS, you’ll need to update your PC.
macOS Mojave only works on the following Macs:
- MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
- Apple MacBook (Mid 2012 or newer)
- Apple’s MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
- Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017)
You also need a computer with at least 2GB of memory and 12.5GB of storage space.
If not, you’ll need a newer Macbook that can handle Mojave:
Here are the steps to turn on iTunes Dark Mode on a Mac:
- Select System Preferences by clicking on the Apple icon.
- Under “General,” look for “Appearance” and choose “Dark.”
- Close settings, and then open iTunes again.
iTunes Dark Mode FAQ
How do I disable iTunes Dark Mode?
- Change Default App Mode back to “Light” to turn off iTunes’ dark mode on Windows.
- Go to Settings, then Personalization, and then Colors. Select “Light” under “Choose your default app mode.”
- Quit settings and start iTunes again.
- To turn off the dark mode in iTunes on a Mac, change the “Appearance” setting back to “Light.”
- Click the Apple logo, then click System Preferences, then click General. Under “Look,” choose “Light.”
- Close System Preferences and open iTunes again.
What to do if iTunes doesn’t have the Dark Mode option?
There are two possible reasons why iTunes Dark mode isn’t available on your PC:
- Your system is not up-to-date: For Windows users, you should update your operating system to Windows 10 or 11. Mac users should make sure that their operating system is at least macOS Mojave.
- You haven’t updated iTunes: To check for updates on your own, click Help > Check for Updates. You can also set iTunes to check for updates automatically once a week. To do this, go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced and then choose to Check for new software updates automatically.
What if iTunes Dark Mode doesn’t work?
If iTunes’s dark mode keeps resetting or has a lot of bugs, try these tips to fix the problem:
- Review the steps for how to change to dark mode and make sure you’ve done everything right.
- Shut down iTunes and restart your computer.
- Remove iTunes and reinstall it using the most recent version.
- Check to see if your computer has any other desktop or app themes.
- Check to see if a virus protection program is stopping the changes from taking place.
Due to glare and hard-to-read text in low-light settings, light-mode app settings can cause eye strain, insomnia, and headaches.
iTunes doesn’t have built-in settings for switching between light mode and dark mode, but newer versions of Windows and Mac OS allow users to change app mode for some programs, including iTunes.
iTunes can be changed to dark mode on Windows 10 and 11 by going to Settings > Personalization > Colors and setting the default app mode to Dark.
Users of macOS Mojave or later can switch iTunes to dark mode by going to System Preferences > General and changing the “Appearance” setting to “Dark.”
The dark mode settings were made to help people who often use their computers late at night see better and feel more comfortable. For More Information Visit : aka-ms-mcmultiplayerhelp.info
How to make iTunes dark mode on Windows 10?
To turn iTunes into dark mode, just choose the “dark” look.
- Step 1: Type “Settings” into the Windows 10 search bar and start looking for it. Click “Personalization” in the Windows Settings menu. This is where you can change the background and colors.
- Step 2: Choose “Color” from the list on the left.
- Step 3: Make “Dark” your app’s default mode.
How to enable Dark mode on MacBook Pro?
- Step 1: First, click the Apple logo in the upper left corner.
- Step 2: The next step is to choose the system preferences. After that, you have to click the “General” button.
- Step 3: Click the Dark Mode button next to the “Appearance” option.
How to enable Dark mode in macOS Catalina?
- Step 1: Click the Apple logo in the top left corner of your window.
- Step 2: Click “General” under “System Preferences.”
- Step 3: Choose “Dark” from the “Appearance” menu. If your Mac is running the latest version of macOS, Catalina, the Dark Mode settings have a third option called “Auto.”
Leave a Reply