How to Play Roblox on a Chromebook Without Browserstack
Chromebooks are the best for basic tasks like surfing the web, sending emails, and making documents. But what if you want to play a game? Can Roblox games be played on a Chromebook?
We’ll have to tell you both good and bad news to answer your question. The good news is that it is possible to play Roblox on Chromebooks. It won’t be long before you’re playing JailBreak, Adopt Me, or using Roblox Music Codes to play your music while you play. On the other hand, it will be hard to get the game to work.
If you’ve already tried playing games on Chrome OS with Browserstack, you’d agree that it’s not the most reliable platform. To help you out, we’ve found four ways to play Roblox on your Chromebook besides Browserstack: Using the Google Play Store with Chrome Remote Access on Linux OS with Crossover, Let’s get started!
Can you play Roblox on a Chromebook?
As we’ve already said, there are some things you can’t do when you play games on a Chrome OS laptop.
While it’s possible to play Roblox on your Chromebook, it’s not as easy as playing the game on a Windows laptop. You’ll need some tech skills to hack your Chromebook to work with Roblox.
Chromebooks can run Roblox and Browserstack.
You can use Browserstack to play Roblox on your Chromebook. But most people know this isn’t the best way to do things. Roblox is continuously updated and patched to ensure it’s safe, so you’ll probably have a slow and frustrating time playing.
In the worst case, using Browserstack would make Roblox unplayable.
5 Ways to Play Roblox on Chromebooks
We looked at different tutorials and how-to guides to find the three easiest ways to play Roblox on Chromebooks.
Play Roblox on Chromebook Using the Google Play Store
The Google Play Store is one of the easiest ways to play Roblox on your Chromebook.
If your Chromebook came out after 2017, you could probably use Google Play Store. But here’s how to check again:
- Click on your user picture in Chrome OS.
- Click on the Settings button (gear icon).
- This will bring up the window for setting up Chrome OS. Try looking up “Google Play Store.” If it’s not there, it’s probably because your Chromebook can’t run the app.
- To use the Google Play Store, click Turn On and accept the Terms of Service.
From here, you can proceed to install Roblox:
- Start the Google Chrome browser.
- Open the Roblox page in the Google Play Store.
- Click Setup.
- Wait for Roblox to finish downloading, and then click Open.
- To open Roblox on your Chrome Browser, go to the Launcher icon on your Chromebook and select Roblox.
Play Roblox on Chromebook Using Chrome Remote Desktop
With the Chrome Remote Desktop app, you can play games on your Chromebook installed on a Windows device. It’s hard to figure out, so let’s look closer. Since Chromebooks aren’t made for gaming, you can “mirror” games from another computer and play them on your Chromebook.
With the Chrome Remote Desktop App, you can access your files on your Chromebook from another computer. It also works the other way around, so you can use your Chromebook to connect to another computer. Windows, Linux, or macOS can run on an external computer.
To play Roblox, you’ll connect your Chromebook to a Windows laptop or computer that you already have.
To use Chrome Remote Access with this method, you’ll need your Chromebook and a computer that’s not part of the Chromebook. Both devices will also need to connect to the internet quickly and reliably.
Here’s how to get Chrome Remote Access on your two devices:
- Get the Chrome Remote Desktop app from the Chrome Web Store and put it on both your Chromebook and a computer or laptop you use outside of Chrome OS.
- Get the Chrome Remote Desktop app and put it on both devices.
- Don’t forget that both devices will also need to have the Chrome Web Browser installed.
- Go to My Computers on your Chromebook and then click Get Started.
- Choose Enable remote connections.
- Then, on your other computer, turn on Chrome Remote Host.
- Now, enter the PIN on your other computer to confirm your Google account.
- Under “My Computers” on your Chromebook, you’ll find the external computer.
That’s only half of it. Now here’s how to play Roblox using Chrome Remote Access
- Open your Chrome browser and the Chrome Remote Desktop app on your Chromebook.
- Click on the computer where Roblox is set up under “My Computers.”Type in your PIN.
- When you click “Connect,” Roblox should let you use the computer.
Even though this is a clever trick, keep in mind that it will have flaws. Chrome Remote Desktop lets you use your Chromebook to control another computer, but you can expect annoying lags and frame rate or bandwidth problems.
3. Play Roblox on Chromebook Using the Linux OS
It’s a bit hard to play Roblox on a Chromebook with Linux OS, but it’s one of the most common ways to get the job done.
You must install a different operating system (like Linux) and then use either a virtual machine or WineHQ to run Roblox and other Windows programmes.
- You can restart your laptop by pressing Esc, Refresh, and Power simultaneously.
- To get into Developer mode, press Ctrl + D.
- When asked to turn off OS verification, press Enter.
- Wait for the restart to finish and the Chrome OS welcome screen to show up.
- Using Crouton, you can install Linux Ubuntu on your Chromebook.
- For Virtual Machines, download the version of Roblox that works with your operating system.
- Install the WineHQ software, then download the most recent version of Roblox for Windows. Run the “.exe” file for Roblox on WineHQ.
4. Play Roblox on Chromebook using Crossover
Crossover is a compatibility layer that is based on WINE. It can be used to run Windows programmes like Roblox on a chromebook. Check out our post on How to Run.exe Files on Chromebook for more information on Crossover.
5. Play Roblox in your Browser
There are now websites where you can play Roblox right in your browser (chrome or other). Read our article Roblox Now.gg: Play Roblox in Your Web Browser for more information.
You can play Roblox on your Chromebook, but it’s not the easiest thing to do. (If you like Roblox, check out our guide on how to get Fortnite on a Chromebook.)