A frequent console player encounters a variety of issues and continually seeks alternative solutions. Obviously, you would not want anything to distract you from your delight. Suppose you are going to launch Minecraft on your console using your Microsoft account, but the login page rejects your credentials. What do you feel? Irritated, right?
However, you need not be concerned about this not-so-serious, quite common problem encountered by many gamers. By the time you finish reading this post, you will understand what the aka.ms/remote-connect problem means and how to repair it immediately so that you may play Minecraft utilizing Microsoft across several platforms.
What Is aka.ms/remoteconnect Error?
Using “aka.ms/accountsettings” (aka.ms/accountsettings) and the Microsoft account settings, Minecraft fans may now play the game on any device, anywhere, since Microsoft unveiled the cross-play functionality. In addition to gaining the hearts of fans by releasing such a beautiful feature, this cross-play is also related with a Minecraft problem.
Almost everyone who logs into Minecraft for the first time with a Microsoft account encounters the aka.ms remoteconnect problem. However, the problem is fairly prevalent among PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo users, but it is simple to resolve.
Why am I seeing https://aka.ms/remoteconnect error?
There are a number of potential causes for this aka.ms remote connect problem in Minecraft while using a Microsoft account. However, one of the primary and most frequent causes is device replacement. Many people swap between gadgets to maximise their enjoyment. For example, if you go from Xbox One to PS4, you will likely get this login problem.
The Bedrock edition of Minecraft is popular because to the cross-play capability. The problem may be fixed regardless of the cause of the https//aka.ms/remoteconnect error.
Because of the device change
Using your Microsoft account, you may play Minecraft on PS4, PC, Xbox, or any other system, since Microsoft offers cross-play functionality for its customers. However, switching devices may result in an aka.ms.remoteconnect issue, which might diminish your enjoyment.
corrupted game files
If your Minecraft folder includes errant or corrupted files, a number of issues may develop. The presence of a remote connect issue in your game might be the result of improper game files.
As previously noted, cross-feature is one of Microsoft’s most loved features, allowing fans to experience Minecraft on any device that is not a Microsoft product. However, when you initially attempt to enable this function on your Xbox, PS4, or PC, you will likely see the login problem.
How to fix aka.ms/remoteconnect error on Minecraft?
You may rapidly resolve the remote connect problem in Minecraft without any knowledge of rocket science by attempting the steps listed below. In addition, we suppose that you may have tried the codes, but they did not appear to work for you, so don’t worry and keep reading for some of the greatest remedies to the issue at hand;
Solution 1: Enter the Microsoft sign-in code
On PS4. Therefore, you must repeatedly attempt to sign in in order to acquire access to the game using a Microsoft account. However, the actions following may assist you in resolving the sign-in difficulty;
- Launch your Minecraft game on PS4 or Nintendo Switch.
- Click on “Multiplayer Access” in your game on a gaming console
- A prompt message will appear with a code and a link to authorize your account https://aka.ms/remoteconnect
- Next, you have to note down the code that appears on your screen when you open the Minecraft multiplayer access.
- Now you have to open any browser and log into your Microsoft account from https://account.microsoft.com/.
- On the same browser, open https://aka.ms/remoteconnect, with which a new window shows up where you will have to paste the code that you noted earlier.
- Last but not least, you have to agree to the terms and conditions appearing on your screen, and then you will be able to play Minecraft on your PS4 or Nintendo without any sign-in error.
Solution 2: Delete the Minecraft saved and corrupted game files
Minecraft’s’saved and corrupted game date’ may be deleted to resolve the issue; let’s examine how to delete problematic files on Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo.
- Select ‘games and apps’ on the home screen and go for ‘Games’ in the menu.
- Navigate to “Minecraft” from the menu button on the controller and open ‘Manage game’.
- Now, remove the files that you want to and follow the instructions showing up on your screen.
- Select ‘settings’ on the home screen.
- Go for System settings > Storage > System storage > Saved data and Minecraft
- Select the files you want to remove and delete it.
Now you can quickly eliminate the two corrupted game files.
- Choose ‘Settings’ from the game’s menu.
- A new screen appears where you must select ‘Data Management.’
- Select “Saved data” Finally, click “remove saved data” and you’re done.
Solution 3: Settle down cross-play issues
Minecraft’s cross-play functionality is accessible on both PS4 and Xbox. As previously said, this capability introduces several challenges, one of which is the aka.ms remote connect error; hence, you must have a firm grasp on resolving cross-play issues on both PS4 and Xbox. Notably, Xbox users must download the game through the official shop, whilst PS4 users may do so from the PS4 store.
How to set up Remote Connect on Xbox?
If you are attempting to set up a remote connection on your Xbox one or Xbox360 and are receiving a login issue, please follow the procedures outlined below;
- Log in to your Xbox using your Microsoft account.
- Next, open the Xbox browser and go to https://aka.ms/xboxsetup, where you will get a code. This code is vital to enable the remote connect feature.
- From the device on which you want to enable the remote play feature, go to https://aka.ms/remoteconnect; however, to access this link, you will need a Microsoft account if you have one already, you are good to proceed or else, create a new one.
- As soon as you gain access to the link, you will have to enter the remote play code from your Xbox screen.
- Once you enter the code, you will see Minecraft loading on your screen.
Learn how to set up an Xbox console with the Xbox app using aka.ms/xboxsetup.
How to set up Remote Connect on PS4?
This was all about activating cross-play on Xbox; let’s move on to configuring cross-play on PS4.
- Users of the PS4 who wish to utilise the remote play capabilities of Minecraft must download and instal the premium version of the game. This version is exclusive to the Minecraft shop.
- Once you get the premium edition of Minecraft for PlayStation 4, all you need to do is login in with your Microsoft account information.
- When you sign in, a code will be shown on your PS4 that you must copy in order to use remote play capabilities.
- Now, you must visit the remote connect webpage from the device on which you wish to activate the feature and input the code that you previously highlighted.
How to set up a cross-play engine in Xbox?
Xbox enables you to enable the cross-play engine so that you may play Minecraft with friends who use devices such as PS4. Follow these steps to configure an Xbox cross-play engine;
- First, you need to press the Xbox button from your controller and view settings.
- Go to ‘Account’ and open ‘Account privacy and online safety.’
- Select ‘Xbox live privacy’ and then ‘Custom.’
- Click on ‘View details and select ‘Customize.’
- Select ‘Communication and multiplayer.’
- Now enable ‘Communication outside of Xbox live.’
Solution 4: Create a brand new Microsoft account
If you have an old Microsoft account and have used it to play Minecraft on Xbox, it will likely not function on PS4. In order to resolve the PS4 aka.ms.remoteconnect problem, you must establish a new Microsoft account.
- Open Microsoft account site
- Click on “Create a Microsoft Account”
- Choose “Get a new email address” if you want Microsoft to create address for you.
- Follow the on screen instruction to complete the registration
Despite the fact that aka.ms remoteconnect is an issue encountered by nearly every Minecraft player, it is happily fixable. You must have access to a Microsoft account in order to download the DLC packs for Minecraft to fix the issue. In this tutorial, we’ve outlined the simplest fixes for the https://aka.ms/remoteconnect problem, which we hope will prove useful.
Why is the Microsoft account necessary for the Minecraft PS4 bedrock edition?
Although a Microsoft account is not necessary to play Minecraft on PS4, you will need this account for sure if you want to connect to Xbox or other console users.
Is aka.ms remote connect a secure webpage?
The web page is safe and secure, provided by official Microsoft, to play Minecraft on different platforms as per their convenience.
How to find friends on Minecraft with their Microsoft accounts?
After starting the game, open the Friends tab and choose Add friends. You can also use their gamer tags, and their names will show up.
Can I transfer DLC contents to new Minecraft versions?
Of course. From the Minecraft Nintendo switch to the new version, you can transfer all of it.
Leave a Reply